středa 18. května 2016

Clean and simple cards

Clean and simple is one of the most challenging styles of cardmaking for me.  I was never a fan of white colored background, because it's really hard to make the card  not look unfinished with a lot of plain white. I am also not a clean person :D so making a motif, that would add the desired interest, but still would go with the simple style is nothing easy for me. So I would say, clean and simple is not a style for everyone and you have to get to certain level of experience if you want to make it work.

The first card I tried to make in this style is a fall themed card for any occasion with a "For You" sentiment. I made the sentiment stamp and the leaves in Photoshop and then printed them and cut around. The background stripe is made with script stamp and distress inks.



I added some natural twines and that was it. I am really confident with this card and with calling it the clean and simple style.


The next clean card i tried to do in this style is a Christmas themed card. I drew the poinsettia line art with ink, then scanned it and printed in different sizes and colored with aquarelle pencils.


I used a embossed white card as background and a stripe with "Merry Christmas" sentiment on the top.

The last card is a congratulation to a newborn baby in gender neutral green colors. Again the picture of baby was drawn with ink and reproduced on printer, then colored with aquarelle pencils. The background was made with watercolors put in random order.


 Finaly I just added a small sentiment ("Congrats") hot embossed with white powder.


I am still not sure if clean and simple is a style for me, but I'm trying to get there, because it's something I really like and admire. 

I am participating with this cards in Addicted to stamps challenge I and I would also like to try the DT call there!
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.cz/2016/05/challenge-194-cas-dt-call.html

2 komentáře:

  1. Well, I think you don't need to try too hard for a CAS design because with all three of your cards, you mastered CAS beautifully!! Your cards are all so beautiful and love that they are all so different as well. You did well holding back with embellishments and your backgrounds are uncluttered. I especially love your last card with the water colour background, its so sweet!! I'm so very happy you joined us at ATSM and good luck with your entry for DT!!!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Lovely cards, Martina. Beautifully CAS. :)

    OdpovědětVymazat